- Managing employee conduct: It is the Company’s policy to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of our customer’s personal information. We hold our employees to a high standard. The Company’s policies include very specific guidelines about how to safeguard confidential information, including customer data. In general, these guidelines limit employee access to confidential information, and limit how we use and disclose such information for specifically authorized processes and transactions. If you or we determine that employees have violated this policy, we will take corrective action, including (when necessary) immediate dismissal.
- Verifying practices: We periodically review our operations and business practices to make sure they comply with the corporate policies and procedures we follow to protect confidential information. During these self-assessments and examinations, we review the controls and safeguards related to consumer privacy; we describe these in our Online Privacy Notice and Consumer Privacy Notice.
- Consumer Recourse: Please contact us if you believe we have not complied with our stated privacy notices concerning how we use the personally identifiable information we collect, or if you believe we have provided you with inaccurate information.
SUBMITTING ONLINE FORMS
When you submit information through an online form, we will encrypt it to help keep your information secure. In other words, we scramble your details en route and decode it when we receive it. Please make sure your web session is secure by looking for a small lock symbol in the lower corner of your web browser window. Current versions of leading web browsers use this symbol to indicate when a web page is encrypted. You may also look for the letters “https://” at the beginning of your website URL in your web browser. The “s” means that the web connection is secure.
SENDING EMAIL TO THE COMPANY
If you send us email, it may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures are in place before you send your information. Therefore, we ask that you do not send us confidential information, such as Social Security Numbers or account numbers, through an unsecured email. Please send such communications to us through postal mail or other designated secure means.
LINKING TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
The Company is not responsible for third parties’ (companies to which we link from our Website) online security practices. In most cases, we provide links to non-Company websites solely to help you find more information about topics that interest you. Third-party websites may have different privacy policies and/or security standards to govern their sites; we encourage you to learn about their privacy and security policies and practices.
GUARDING YOUR USER ID AND PASSWORD
Some websites and software offer tools to help you with budgeting, managing accounts, investing, or even doing your taxes. If you are giving them your user ID and password, you could be responsible for money you might lose as a result. This could happen because of:
- Unauthorized activity or fraud in your accounts, or
- Misuse of the information by the people or services that you have given it to.
HAVE YOU ALREADY SHARED YOUR INFORMATION?
If you have already shared your user ID and password and want to protect yourself, we recommend visiting the institution’s website and changing your user ID and password.
If you see suspicious activity in any of your accounts with our Company, we recommend that you report it immediately.